Coast Underwriters only collects, uses and discloses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Offering and providing insurance and related products and services to you;
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your Personal Information with government agencies, industry associations, brokers or other insurers;
- Analyzing, assessing and underwriting risks on a prudent basis;
- Determining and facilitating your payment of fees and premiums;
- Investigating and paying claims;
- Detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities;
- Compiling statistics;
- Complying with the law or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators; and
- Notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by our affiliated companies.
Your knowledge and consent of Coast Underwriters collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information practices:
- Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly to Coast Underwriters or through an insurance broker or representative for the purpose of acquiring an insurance contract or related service or product (including information previously provided to Coast Underwriters);
- Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process
- Your consent solicited by Coast Underwriters (or our agent) for a specified purpose;
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time. Coast Underwriters will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent.
In some cases, refusing to provide certain Personal Information or withdrawing consent for Coast Underwriters to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information could mean that we cannot provide you with insurance coverage or other requested products, services or information.
LIMITING COLLECTION AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Coast Underwriters will only collect, use, or disclose Personal Information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes or as required by law. If we require Personal Information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose. Coast Underwriters will only collect Personal Information by fair and lawful means. We will retain Personal Information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purposes.
Coast Underwriters will maintain your Personal Information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
Coast Underwriters will protect your Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, and storage of the Personal Information.
ACCOUNTABILITY, OPENNESS AND CUSTOMER ACCESS
Coast Underwriters is an underwriting agent for the Intact Financial Corporation. Intact's Privacy Promise can be viewed here.